Check for errors before sending the forms to the employees. If you make an error on the form, you may quickly fix it and return it to the employee. If you notice a mistake after you’ve submitted the documents to the Social Security Administration, follow the steps below to repair it. If you discover the problem after submitting the original forms, you must file a W-2c and a W-3c.

W-2 forms are difficult, and providing incorrect information might lead to charges. Before attempting to complete W-2 forms on your own, request help from a payroll specialist or your tax professional.